Sunday, February 3, 2008

**Give Him Another Chance**


I use to be cool with this dude I met back in high school because I saw that he would take me places. We talked to eachother all the time; on the phone, in text messages, and even in letters. We had this conversation one day and he told me he would always be there for me... stupid enough was I to believe him!! Don't get me wrong, we had good times together. Especially at basketball games where all the hot girls were. He would tell me, "Don't look at the outside because what you see will only take you so far." I took his word and never tried to talk to a girl because of her looks.


Then I said to him one day, "When will I find a decent girl to walk with down the park on a cozzy night, or the girl who will just be there when things are not right? Or the girl who will never try to destroy my reputation, or even just that girl who will stick with me in and out of every situation? I guess he felt my pain so he introduced me to this girl. She was good looking, intelligent, oh my goodness, she was a pearl! We went out for a while but things went in different directions. So we had to break up because she felt that I wasn't what I mentioned. I then asked my friend, "Why did you let this happen when you could have been a prevention?" and he said, "Sorry kid, I just hooked you up, I had no intervention!"


I didn't talk to him for a while and actually said I would never talk to him again, but come to realize I wasn't suppose to look in the past but to only look ahead. I therefore gave him another chance with help from God above, and to disclose who my friend is, most people call him LOVE.












2 comments:

Lauren said...

What you are saying is "Give Love Anothre Chance". I'm going to have to agree with you on that statement because I believe that it is better to have loved and lost, than to have never loved at all. So yeah, I would give your friend another chance too :)

©jenbrownimaging said...

I really like your flow in your writing. I don't know if you have ever checked it out, but the HBO series "Deadwood", about the gold mines in the West was all written in iambic pentameter. It's really beautiful. You can rent in at blockbuster, the seasons are out on DVD already. It's crazy to think the writers took that much time to write 3 whole seasons like that. Really amazing.