Friday, February 29, 2008

Patience is worth it

"Just wait till I get paid at the end of the month and we'll go out looking for that car you want!" If I got a dollar for every time I heard this statement, I would not be in school right now. I'll have enough money already to last me for the rest of my life. As an high school senior, I really needed a vehicle. My guardians by the way saw it as something I wanted and not needed. However, I was the one who had to catch the city bus to school at 6am to make it to the 7 o'clock basketball practice. Not only that, I could only work three and a half hours a day because my job closed at 9pm and my bus did not make it there till 5:30pm when leaving my school at 3:45pm (what would usually take me 20minutes if I drove). The worst part was that the bus stopped running to my destination around 10:30pm so I would get dropped off about 20minutes from my house and had to walk through this dark alley every night.

I knew this would all come to an end one day but it's that day I had no idea about. I tried applying for loans to purchase a vehicle but with no credit history, it required a cosigner, which I could never get. Even though I was hurt deep inside, I put the issue behind me. Fortunately, I received a grant last week and I know nothing is going to stop me from purchasing a vehicle during spring break '08. If I would have received the loan, I would be in so much debt of repayment but because I had to show reluctant patience, I can now buy my vehicle debt-free. YAY!!!

3 comments:

mwasser said...

that's awsome, what kind of car do you think you are going to get?

Shan said...

Wonderful. Walking through "darl alleys" is no bueno. But hopefully you'll get that car. I can't wait until I get a new one. Who knows when that will be. You know how the one I have now is. LOL.
=)

angelica said...

cool cool. I use to walk to work after getting out of school not far i never mind it 3 yrs of it. My parents didn't want to get me one either. I have money for a car right now but I don't have a driver's lisence. No one ever has time to take me but this spring break i am going to get no matter what! Then this summer I will get a car I hope really!!! but you go on and get it! :)