I am so excited about my summer break this year. I finally have enough money to buy a plane ticket to Nigeria. I have not been there since I left in 2005 and I haven't seen my parents since then as well. Actually, I saw them in February of 2006 when they came down for my brother's wedding, but all the same... I will be so happy when I get there because I will get to sleep in my parents' new house, i.e. the house I helped build in 2005 when I was there. I haven't seen the house completed yet though.
This visit will be such a surprise to my parents which I am looking forward to seeing their facial expressions. Out of all my brothers and sister, I am the least expected to visit them at this point in time. This is because I am the youngest and some of my older siblings haven't even been to Nigeria since we all left in 1989. They really want to go but it's just how expensive it is, and the ones who can afford it somehow always run into situations that would eventually prevent their flight. So where did I get the money?, (come closer... I robbed Church's Chicken last week! lol) I was actually blessed with an unexpected grant from Texas State. So who am I not to go visit my parents in the motherland?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
wow nigeria thats cool. i dond't know where i'm going but i don't think it'll be that far.
wow that's cool, i hope you have a good visit!
I'm so happy for you. I couldn't imagine not seeing my family for that long. I love my daddy and mommy!!! Your a lot stronger than me.
I knew something was going on. You were looking too suspicious at Church's when we went. ha. Bring me something back loser. Ly. =)
Post a Comment