Thursday, February 21, 2008

True Friends

Some people try so hard to find the ones who they will associate with. Others try so hard to find out if their friends are suppose to be their friends. This shouldn't be one of those things that takes a person's mind into deep consideration. From my point of view, I see a friend as that person who is not afraid of hurting your feelings, he that is not ashamed to tell you that your clothes are not matching, he that will tell you if you need to get off facebook and start on your homework and seriously mean it, and he who would go out of his way to make sure you succeed. Who is a friend? A friend is he that stays up with you all night in preparation for that next days quiz, he that tells you not what you want to hear but what you need to hear, he that will make sure you have enough money to make a call from the pay phone, and even he that will tell you that your last step was stupid.

In all my life, I can really say I've only had two friends (according to my definition of what a friend is) and we are friends till today because we do not hide anything from eachother. If it comes to the point where you are debatting whether you want to tell your friend what you think would make him mad, I don't think you should call that person a friend. We are all human so we are bound to get upset, but according to my definition of a friend, he will not let the sun set with the same anger that started at sunrise. No one has met the standards of perfection, so I am not saying you will not clash heads, but how do you identify a true friend?...

4 comments:

Shan said...

I love this one.
You write so beautifully.

This gave me a lot of inspiration because I know I only have a couple of friends like this. I almost lost one of them because of stupid decisions, but I know now there is nothing like my best friend.

Maybe you and I can be on this level one day. =)

JakeT said...

Yeah thats a good definition of a true friend.

angelica said...

wow I am a person who doesn't want to hurt other ppl's feelings but if It is really bad I do let them know But that is good to know. A definition of a true friend. very true

an1111 said...

I think thats a real good definition of a true friend. I have a few really good friends and we've been through alot. And its true you have to be honest to each other. you can't just say things just to be nice all the time. sometimes, I feel like me and my friends are a little too honest. haha